Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did You Vote Today?

Well after dragging myself out of bed this morning at 4:30, (thankfully DSL started this week!) we made it to the polls right at 6:00 am. I stood in line for about 20 minutes before getting inside. Piper did not want to be set down and I was forced to hold her for almost the whole time. She was being good as usual, and didn't complain about the wait as long as she didn't have to stand by herself. She probably weighs about 23 pounds now, and my back is definitely feeling the impact of this morning.

Fortunately, my precinct number was fast inside, and we got in and out fairly quickly. I was at school by 7:45 and faced a parking lot full of cars since we are a polling site as well. This has been such a long day already, and I still have Spanish lessons after school and I have to go get Piper at Grandma's house. I might get to see Erick tonight for a couple minutes before he goes to work.

No comments: