Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish

We have a 75 gallon aquarium with several fish that Piper loves to watch. She has liked to do this ever since she was very little. Last night she was watching them swim back and forth. Suddenly she gets down off her step stool and runs into her bedroom. I didn't pay too much attention because she is always on the go. She returns with her fish book, not the Dr. Seuss one, but a magazine that has fish on the cover. She then proceeds to show the fish her book and look at it and then at our fish. Finally she has a seat and reads the book to herself. I can hear her "counting" as she reads. This is her version of what I do when we read together and in no way resembles the actual number words. She also gets really mad at the book because it will not stay open, and she keeps fixing it and then yelling at it because it won't stay still. I couldn't believe she was so intent that she didn't notice me snap this picture.

1 comment:

Ellerie said...

That is so very cute!!! I can't wait until we can come and visit in a few weeks. It will be nice to see you guys!