Monday, March 23, 2009

Night at Grandma's House

I let Piper spend the night for the very first time at Grandma's house last Wednesday. It was really emotional for me since she had never been away from me overnight before. Fortunately she did fine. I wasn't sure if she would go to sleep, since she is hard to get to bed at night. She does great taking naps with grandma though, so I was optimistic in thinking that maybe it would be similar. She resisted only a little bit, and I think grandma said she was in bed around 11pm, which I count as a major success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting her stay. I know it was hard for you. I remember how hard it was leaving Greg for the first time. You are really a loving and devoted mom. Piper is fortunate to have such a great Mom. I am proud of you and happy for her. Grandma

Ellerie said...

I bet that was hard for you, but that it was also nice to have a little time to yourself. And it was great that Piper did such a great job of sleeping! :)