Sunday, February 8, 2009

Picture Identification

We haven't really focused a lot on identifying objects in picture books lately. Tonight we were reading a book and I just happened to ask Piper to show me where each animal was. Usually I am the one who points out all of the pictures. This particular page had several different animals on it: giraffe, elephant, monkey, zebra, lion, and a few more I don't remember. She did a great job in showing me where each animal was when I read their names. She has been able to do this with photographs of people, and when distinguishing between two items, for a while now. I don't know why I hadn't taken it to the next level. I love it when she does this on her own and "reads" her books saying the name of the object on each page. I guess it just surprised me that she did it with multiple objects grouped together on the same page. Silly mom!

No comments: