Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bedroom

I was able to get a new shelf for Piper's bedroom the other day for absolutely free. One of the furniture places was going out of business and there were several items on the lawn that they were just giving away with a purchase. Mostly it was just junk, but I managed to snag the top component to a hutch that I made into a shelf for her room. I bought a floor rug for under $10 in order to get it. The hutch was pretty big and cumbersome, and was a little difficult to get into the car and back to the apartment. It fits perfectly on her one wall and I moved her other storage unit and table set around to make room. Every available space is now taken up, but there is still a lot of floor area to play.

I guess nothing really matches now, at least not like it did when she was a baby. It's not a big deal since I'm not particularly attached because we live in an apartment still. Maybe once we buy a house it will be different. The "theme" when she was a baby was Eric Carle, and now it still has some components of the red and white colors and decor, but there is also Little Pet Shop bedding and more pink and purple than red. And oh yes, there's still this giant ball pit that takes up half the room. :0 She does play in it, but I wish we had a dedicated playroom for it.
We tried to convert the crib into a daybed last weekend, but it didn't work. She kept falling and crawling out of the bed and sleeping on the floor despite the cushions I strategically placed next to her. So for now, I put the side back on the crib. She did love the bed open though, and had great fun jumping on the mattress. She is getting both feet off the ground at the same time now, at least when jumping on the bed or the couch. I haven't been able to get her to jump for me off the ground yet.
My next project is the closets. Cheryl, if you are reading this, we really need to have a garage sale. :)

No comments: