Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sidewalk Chalk & Clothing Stains

It has been really warm and nice lately, so we have been outside a lot playing. Last night we used the sidewalk chalk, and she had fun drawing on the cement for a while. Mostly she wanted to just run around and act silly. She was also obsessed with going for a walk in her stroller.


Now if you look closely at her dress you will notice that it is splattered with a pink stain. In this case it was pepto-bismo that she managed to open yesterday while daddy was on the phone with me. All I heard was "Uh oh, I gotta go," and when I got home I found out what happened. Fortunately she didn't drink any, and I did mange to get the stain out. I already plan her outfits based on whether she spends the day the grandma or daddy. Grandma keeps her clean, but daddy does not. I had a meeting last night so Erick watched her for maybe two hours after grandma had dropped her off, and half of that time she was asleep. I simply cannot fathom how she gets so messy with him. At the twins birthday party he fed her cake and ice cream, and after two washes and a soak in oxiclean, I am still trying to figure out how to get the chocolate stain out of her brand new white shirt.

2 comments:

Staci said...

I'm glad you got it out! I laugh everytime I see pics of Piper because I swear she and Madison have all the same clothes! You even do the matching hair bows like me! I swear I have a bucket of bows! I see I am not the only Gymboholic around here :)

Jeni said...

I've heard that dish soap works the best. Any brand. Wet the shirt w/ hot water. Rub in the dish soap and rinse in cold water. I've never tried it on an old stain. But it works wonders on new stains! Also, w/ chocolate stains, if you try putting the soap on the inside of the shirt and work the stain from the inside out it works better too. Good luck!