Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Don't Tell Me I'm Too Little

You'd never know by looking at her, that she's only 19 months old. Everyone always thinks she's older, especially because she is so tall. So it kinda shocked me the other day at the park when she wanted to climb up one of the angled ladders, and this other mom said she was too small and would have to grow a little before she could do it. I just smiled sweetly and told her that she might be surprised at how well she could climb. I knew she could in fact climb it because I had watched her do it at another park. Yes, my little monkey has no concept of fear, and scrambled up the whole way with mommy spotting her. Did I mention that I love proving other people wrong. :)

**This is not the exact angled ladder she climbed up. The one she climbed had another horizontal rung at the very top, which caused a little hiccup in her climbing even though she made it to the ledge eventually.

2 comments:

Hippie Mama Kelly said...

I love it!!! My little one does that kind of stuff too, and I love watching the looks on people's faces!

Ellerie said...

Brian and I comment all the time about how advanced Piper seems from all of the things you write about her. I am not surprised that people think she is older than she is. She is just so intelligent like her mommy! :)